This is the real deal here. No HD, no 1080p, no GPU needed. This is a real rifle and real technology that the US Army has just announced it will be implementing asap in Afghanistan. Think about real life for a moment. If someone was shooting at you, what would you do? Uhhhhh…..GET DOWN and TAKE COVER. Duh. That way you have a less chance of getting shot. The XM25 Rifle takes away your freggin cover in a matter of speaking.
Here’s the low down:
- XM25: designed by Alliant Techsystems is at the end of its 7 year development stage.
- Weight: 12 pounds
- Length: 29 inches
- Cost per Unit: $35,000
- Units in circulation as of now: 12,500
- Total US Tax dollars spent on the XM25 Rifle: $ 437,000,000
- Effective Range: 2,300 feet
- Implementation: November 2010, field test use in Afghanistan.
- Blast of Grenade Bullet: VERY BIG!!!!! It is comparable to a grenade, hence the term grenade bullet. If you’ve felt a nade go off in real life, then you know what I’m talking about, no joke.
What is so special about the XM25?
IT TAKES AWAY YOUR F***ING COVER!!!!!
The XM25 can be programmed to explode its 25-mm ammunition (grenade bullet) either above or after a target. Therefore it can be fired at a wall an enemy is hiding behind, explode above the wall/enemy and kill whoever is hiding behind their cover.
Lt. Col Christopher Lehner states:
“All a soldier needs to know how to do is laze the target. It decimates anything within its lethal radius.”
Once the weapon is fired, the grenade bullet leaves the chamber and a computer chip inside the bullet communicates exactly how far it has gone before exploding on or above its desired target.
So what if an Insurgent captures the XM25? Not to worry, I doubt they would have any of its specialized ammunition lying around, or its specialized parts and components.
This is truly revolutionary in the way the US and our allies will fight enemies around the world. But is this really a good way for our government to be spending our money?