There are obviously some technical issues with Red Orchestra 2, these are being worked on no doubt. Just as recently as Friday there was an update for the game addressing the following issues:
– Significantly improved VOIP system
– Optimized Fallen Fighters map
– Fixed some Single Player spawn issues
– Various crash fixes for server and client
– Client performance optimizations
– Fixed Hit indications when manual bolting is turned on
I know the sound issues I mentioned in my review has been taken care of as well, thank god. But besides these technical issues that are getting in the way of a good time with RO2, there are a few other things I would love to see RO2 implement in the near future. Here is my wish list for RO2.
1) Make it simple and easy to see which team is winning. I’ve often played 30 minutes or more on a map and not know until the very end of the game who is going to win. Having a more obvious system of seeing who the winning team is at the moment would promote teamwork and objective based gameplay. I think this is a must, especially for gamers new to the RO type of game play.
2) Display Deaths. This is something that helps gagues how I’m personally doing in a FPS. I’m not entirely sure why the Death count is not displayed when you hit “tab”, possibly to allow gamers to focus more on the objective than an K/D Ratio (which I’m all for), I don’t know. But at least at the end of the match I would like to see a K/D Ratio along with other personal and team stats.
3) Don’t force us to load next map while looking at previous games stats. Sometimes I want to look over what I just did, the stats. And I don’t care too much to be rushed on to the next map where I have to wait at least 30 seconds before it even starts. Let me choose when I’m ready to join the next map.
4) Why the delay when getting a kill or being killed? In the top right corner of the screen when I die, I would like to know asap WTF killed me, likewise when I get a kill I don’t like having to wait 3 seconds after the guy dies to know I actually killed him. I know there is the whole bleed-out thing, but I’m talking about head-shots and instant kills here.
5) Fix the Profile Stats: They are all messed up, I don’t know if they need to be reset for everyone or what, but please fix them, they are all jacked up.
6) Why does a fucking 4′ drop kill me? This makes no sense to me at all, but I’ve hoped out of a window (not even 2nd floor) or down a stairwell and died, this is super lame.
If anyone else has some issues with anything they’ve seen in RO2 please feel free to comment below. And I don’t mean to make this a gripe fest, I just want to see RO2 propelled from good to great.