Carmack you smart lovely Bastard, how could you spend years and years working on the little brain child you called RAGE and let this happen. Coming off like a Game Development Noob. Here is the know list of issues at the moment and the STEAM Forum Thread for all RAGE heads to voice their concern.
- No Custom settings for Video Cards
- No Console command Read here to enable the console key: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum….php?t=2154191 & via config file here http://forums.steampowered.com/forum…7&postcount=89
- No Vsync options – Results in screen tearing – Forcing Vsync causes the game to crash the drivers and game(AMD)
- Unable to skip intros??? To disable the intro videos put this “+set com_skipIntroVideo 1” in the launch options of Rage Via Steam.
- Mouse acceleration?
- Can’t use Crossfire or SLI..
- Bad FoV for PC’s – Short-term solution: FOV adjustment howto
- Texture Streaming is bad and slow resulting in always reloading the same textures thus causing the textures popping in effect – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Ch6TX-Cbs&hd=1
- Missing/blinking textures…
- Game crashes when exiting the Arc.
- LoD issues(popins dispersing items)
- Crashing after intro video
- Audio stuttering and not blending properly.
- Occasional Artifacts appearing- http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9…0322215294.jpg
- Low Frame rates with occasional fps spikes
- Loading saves causes videocard drivers to crash…
- Game Fails to start with error code #51.