Well if you are like me and have a pre-purchase code for Guild Wars 2, you probably played last night for the stress test. If not, well don’t wait to get your copy of this great game. After the problems with the first open beta weekend ArenaNet decided they needed this test to literally strain the servers to resolve issues before the next beta weekend.
While ArenaNet was tweeting some issues and answers, most of it was on the GW2 forums, which are now unavailable. Some people said they had no issues at all, just some lag, while others had all kinds of problems. I have to admit I was one of the lucky ones without issues but that could have been because I didn’t get to play until the last hour.
Some things complaints and compliments (tweeted): were
- Can’t go 3 minutes without being booted
- After I was through the whole login problems almost everything ran perfectly fine!
- Wonderful Stress(free) test night! SMOOTH as silk and WAY better than the BWE !
From the looks of this, things got better as the stress test went on.
ArenaNet responded with:
- If you are stuck at 95% – logging out and back in should fix the problem. If that doesn’t work try restarting the client.
- If you have login/zoning/black screen/etc problems: Are you playing on EU servers or US servers? Let us know!
- If you get error 9: Double check if you have pre-purchased the game. Only people who pre-purchased have access.
- The stress test is the same build as BWE1. We are testing backend stuff.
- Every issue you have at the moment is helping us to make the game better, you are all helping!
- How are we all doing? Seems like more of you are able to play now?
And the final thought: All the issues you reported were helpful for our server team – thank you all for participating in today’s Stress Test!
Still can’t wait for this game to be released, but I supposed the next (unannounced) beta weekend will suffice.