Are you chomping at the bit to check out Mad King? I know I am because it wasn’t available until late Pacific Time and I am on Eastern. However, it is now up and running, even with a few problems that ArenaNet is working on, so that everyone can enjoy this Halloween fun.
If you haven’t seen what you can do with this awesome change, you better visit Lion’s Arch soon. I know I can’t wait to check this out and I’m sure some of this stuff below will be the same for you.
Got a Black Lion Chest? During this special event you can find the following:
Halloween-themed weapons skins, which are tradable.
- Chain Sword Skin
- Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin
- Greatsaw Greatsword Skin
- Grinning Gourd Rifle Skin
- Scythe Staff Skin
- Severed Dagger Skin
- Deathly Shoulderpads Skin
- Deathly Avian Shoulderpads Skin
- Deathly Bull Shoulderpads Skin
Halloween costumes for sale in the Gem Store. These are actually on sale through November 6th.
- The Witch’s Outfit, available for 700 gems. This set of town clothes comes with 4 Costume Brawl skills and 1 companion skill.
- The Mad King’s Outfit, available for 700 gems. This set of town clothes comes with 4 Costume Brawl skills and 1 companion skill.
- The Devils Horns town clothes hat available for free.
- The Phantom’s Hood town clothes hat available for 200 gems.
- Aviator Caps and Bunny Ears available for 200 gems apiece.
Spooky Tonics for sale in the Gem Store. These are also only sale through November 6th.
- Each tonic turns you into a spooky creature for 1 hour
- While active, tonics give you access to Costume Brawl skills
- Tonics are available for 35 gems each or 125 gems for a pack of 5.
A set of 3 spooky minis. These are also on sale through November 6th.
- This set includes a ghost, skeleton, and spider miniature for 500 gems
- These collector minis are account bound and cannot be traded
Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags. These items are on sale through November 14th.
- Each bag contains food items, recipes, tonics, crafting materials or pieces of candy corn.
- Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags are available for 100 gems apice, 375 gems for a pack of 5, or 2,000 gems for a pack of 35.
Halloween PvP Finishers are now available in the Gem Store! These items are on sale until November 6th
- Replace our PvP finishing move with a scarecrow or special Mad King finisher for 1 hour.
- PvP Finshers are available for 75 gems apiece or 275 gems for a pack of 3
During this special event there is a chance for a spontaneous battle called the Costume Brawl. In order to participate, you must have Halloween themed town clothes, toys, of transformation tonics. You use the Costume Brawl skills to join in the fun. The skills are how you fight with other players; gain points with hits to other players but lose them when you get hit yourself. The points you gain can earn you an achievement. You can exit anytime by using the Time Out Skill and if you engage in combat, you will automatically be removed from the Costume Brawl.