Just now, (seriously) ArenaNet posted the details for Wintersday, which starts on Friday December 14. If you have been waiting anxiously to find out what this awesome three-week event will have, wait no longer.
There is a huge schedule of events with new things starting several days until December 20. At that time the event will run through January 3, 2013 with nothing new (or at least nothing with ArenaNet is announcing right now). The schedule, taken directly from ArenaNet’s site, is as follows:
- The Wintersday celebration begins! You’ll find the customary snowmen, presents, and holiday cheer all over Tyria and in the Mists during Wintersday, but Lion’s Arch is really the place to be. Each year the citizens of Lion’s Arch deck the halls with festive décor and fill the air with holiday carols.
- Even Zommoros, the eccentric djinn trapped within the Mystic Forge, loves Wintersday. He’s transformed the Forge into a giant snow globe that holds three brand-new holiday activities: Winter Wonderland, Snowball Mayhem, and Bell Choir.
- Winter Wonderland: It’ll take more than a good pair of snow boots to get you through this Wintersday’s jumping puzzle. Speak to the Festive Youth near the snow globe in Lion’s Arch to test your luck–and your balance.
- Snowball Mayhem: If you’ve got holiday spirit and a good throwing arm, visit the Festive Lionguard near the Lion’s Arch snow globe to try out the new snowball fight PvP activity!
- Bell Choir: Ring in the season with this new musical activity inside the Lion’s Arch snow globe, accessed through the Bell Maestro. It doesn’t matter if you have rhythm–Wintersday is all about harmony.
December 15 starting at 10 A.M. PST
- The Grove: The Toymaker’s first stop of the season is on the home soil of the sylvari. Inside the airship, you’ll meet Tixx and his somewhat unstable golem Toxx and experience a series of unique new events that feature a brand-new toy. What magical marvel has Tixx created for the sylvari?
December 16 starting at 10 A.M. PST
- Divinity’s Reach: Tixx’s airship floats above the spires of the Krytan capital on the second stage of his Wintersday tour. Board Tixx’s floating workshop and play brand-new events based on the fancy new toy he’s made just for the noble humans.
December 17 starting at 10 A.M. PST
- Black Citadel: Even the charr love Wintersday in their own ferocious way. The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx hovers in the smoky skies over the Black Citadel for one day only. Climb aboard to see what kind of toy Tixx and his Funwerks Krewe have crafted for the charr.
December 18 starting at 10 A.M. PST
- Hoelbrak: The norn welcome the toymaker’s airship for its brief visit to the great lodge of Hoelbrak. What toy is cute and tough enough to endure the hearty norn? Enter Tixx’s workshop and find out!
December 19 starting at 10 A.M. PST
- Rata Sum: Tixx returns to his home turf on the penultimate stop of his Wintersday tour. This year he’s created a unique toy that only an asura could love. Board his floating workshop for more toy-centric events and holiday havoc!
December 20 starting at 10 A.M. PST and going through January 3:
- Lion’s Arch: Toymaker Tixx finally arrives at Lion’s Arch! As the Wintersday guest of honor, Tixx and his workshop will remain in Lion’s Arch for the rest of the holiday. He has a special Wintersday gift for everyone who visits him while he’s in Lion’s Arch. So, stop by, play through all the previous toy events inside the workshop, or try out the new Toypocalypse event!
- Toypocalypse: The toys in Tixx’s workshop have gone haywire! They’re trying to take over the gigantic toymaking machine in the center of the workshop, and if they succeed, Wintersday will be ruined! Defend Tixx’s present-delivering dolyaks and the gigantic toy-making machine from waves of maniacal toys in these challenging and fun events.
Plus the usual Gem Store items, skins, and other goodies only a Guild Wars 2 event can have. So check it out starting Friday!