Have you ever wondered what would happen if a game publishing company took their games on a tour? Well Paradox Interactive is doing just that with six of their games and a tour bus. They loaded up last week with roadies who worked around the clock to get ready for this series of shows.
Fans of Paradox Interactive should be excited because if they can’t find a show close to them, they can still follow the tour via a Tour Blog. Even those who attend might want to check out the blog because it will feature behind-the-scenes developer stories, world premier videos, special guest profiles for the upcoming War of the Roses tournament (wait tournament? Hmm something let slip there maybe) and lots of rocking pictures.
The six games which are in the lineup are:
- Salem: The Crafting MMO – The free game set in New England where players are colonist from the Old World trying to eek out a new life in Salem. The game has crafting, farming and building systems inspired by 17th century alchemy.
- A Game of Dwarves – An upcoming simulation/strategy game where dwarves must dig, build, and conduct research to strengthen their clan. They also must defend themselves against the beasts which live in the depths of the cave they explore. The game has a twist though, every time players start a new level the game changes the world so that the player must adapt their strategies and tactics thus keeping them on their toes.
- Dungeonland – A co-op game not due out until Quarter 1 2013, you will play as a rogue, warrior, or mage in a fantasy theme park to keep the Dungeon Master from taking over the world. The characters will find loot, level up, and acquire new skills so they can battle through the monsters and avoid the traps while looking for a way out of the deadly dungeons in the park. There will be several environments to play through, including a dragon’s lair, and eventually battling the Dungeon Master himself.
- Starvoid – Due out any time now, Starvoid is a multiplayer real-time strategy game in space. As a mercenary commander you fight for spaceship fuel, called Starvoid, which is rare. The game will feature an easy drop-in/drop-out play with no penalty.
- The Showdown Effect – A sidescrolling action game inspired by movies from the ‘80s and ‘90s, fighters from different eras in time will battle each other to the death. Weapons which will be found in the game include shotguns, frying pans, lightsabers, assault rifles, grenades, katanas, gauss guns, along with all kinds of other things. This is another due in 2013.
- War of the Roses – About to start beta, before its Q2 2012 release, this action game pits gamers against each other as either a Lancaster or York during the 15th century England. This team-based multiplayer melee combat game will have players with knights facing off again enemies using authentic weapons from the time-period. You can read more about the game here.
Paradox has also said there will be a surprise with a currently unannounced game making a debut during the tour. However, they are being tight-lipped as to what that game might be. Unfortunately it doesn’t say where the tour will travel to but you can see all the behind the scenes goodies at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Tour site.