Never In my life have I been so completely scared to death more than in the trailer for the game Outlast. It’s a first person survival horror game with probably the most terrifying cinematography and setting that had my heart racing and my hair standing on end.
You can buy Outlast now on steam, and it’s priced at a ridiculous bargain for the level of thrill you’re gonna get.
Now answer me this, after watching this video, can you imagine playing this with the oculus rift? Can you even do it without wearing adult diapers?
Here’s the Terrifying Outlast Video
Outlast On Scream… I mean Steam
Hell is an experiment you can’t survive in Outlast, a first-person survival horror game developed by veterans of some of the biggest game franchises in history. As investigative journalist Miles Upshur, explore Mount Massive Asylum and try to survive long enough to discover its terrible secret… if you dare.
In the remote mountains of Colorado, horrors wait inside Mount Massive Asylum. A long-abandoned home for the mentally ill, recently re-opened by the “research and charity” branch of the transnational Murkoff Corporation, the asylum has been operating in strict secrecy… until now.
Acting on a tip from an anonymous source, independent journalist Miles Upshur breaks into the facility, and what he discovers walks a terrifying line between science and religion, nature and something else entirely. Once inside, his only hope of escape lies with the terrible truth at the heart of Mount Massive.
Outlast is a true survival horror experience which aims to show that the most terrifying monsters of all come from the human mind.
- True Survival Horror Experience: You are no fighter – if you want to survive the horrors of the asylum, your only chance is to run… or hide
- Immersive Graphics: AAA-quality graphics give players a detailed, terrifying world to explore
- Hide and Sneak: Stealth-based gameplay, with parkour-inspired platforming elements
- Unpredictable Enemies: Players cannot know when – and from where – one of the asylum’s terrifying inhabitants will finally catch up to them
- Real Horror: Outlast’s setting and characters are inspired by real asylums and cases of criminal insanity
Warning: Outlast contains intense violence, gore, graphic sexual content, and strong language. Please enjoy.